Cruise Travel: Tipping guide
- Some cruise lines will automatically charge a set service charge per person per day, like leaving a mandatory tip.
- You may have the option to pre-pay these service charges before the cruise or once on board.
- This service charge is usually distribute among complimentary waitstaff, cabin stewards, and behind-the-scenes staff.
- Baggage handler: $1 per bag
- Maid: $5 per night
- Room service: $2 per visit
- Bar service: $1 per drink (on top of 15% gratuity already included in the bill)
- Steward: $2
- Occasion: $5 per person involved (birthday/anniversary cake)
- Guide (group): $2/$4 for a half/full day
- Guide (private): $5/$10 for a half/full day
- Drivers: $1/$2 for a half/full day